December 23, 2011

Smuggling Mammoth Tusks from Alaska a bad idea

Have you heard? A December 16, 2011 indictment charges Alaska river guide Karen Jettmar with two felonies--conspiracy and helping a client smuggle a 10,000 year-old mammoth tusk to Pennsylvania.

What use anyone in Pennsylvania has for a purloined mammoth tusk, I can't say, but I bet the author of The Alaska River Guide wishes she hadn't followed a criminal course, don't you?

This calls for the creation of a fond if criminally awful Ode to a Woolly Mammoth, sans my usual fretful cloning fears...

Purloining a mammoth tusk sucks
in spite of some fabulous bucks
so leave them alone
don't smuggle a bone
by dog sled, air transport, or trucks.


(c) jc 2011

A tortured rhyme yet true!

And probably my last Ode published for 2011, so Merry Christmas to those who celebrate and I'm wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

See you in 2012,

Jude Cowell

~:~

Blog Note: Lim's Limericks has been updated with my '2012 GOP Candidates' Poetry Round-Up with a verse for each aspirant posted especially for those who keep up with the RNC nominee race. jc

No comments: